Friday, January 13, 2017

Open Heavens Devotional 13 January 2017: THE BENEFITS OF REDEMPTION

THE BENEFITS OF REDEMPTION – Friday January 13th, 2017

Memorise: For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15


Read: Galatians 4:4-7 (KJV)
4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ
.

Bible in one year: Matthew 26, Isaiah 10:5-19

MESSAGE:
Anytime I remember what I suffered in the hands of Satan and his agents before I was redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, I cannot help but thank God for the salvation of my soul. As a matter of fact, fear was a major source of torment in my life before I met the Lord Jesus Christ. This fear was passed on to me by my mother, who later got saved by the grace of God. For fear that I might get killed, being her only male child, my mother sent me far away from my home-town. For several years I could not visit this town because I was afraid of death and I was afraid of the wicked people of this world. However, when the light of redemption beamed upon me and my family, we were liberated. This is why I am praying for you who may have been living in perpetual fear all the days of your life: that you will be delivered from the torment of fear in Jesus’ Name. Jesus did it for me and He will do it for you too. Deliverance from fear is one of the benefits of the redemption that Jesus Christ paid the utmost price for. Hear what the Bible says concerning this:

“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” Hebrews 2:14-15

Another benefit of redemption is access to the throne of the Almighty God (Hebrews 4:16, Ephesians 2:18). At His throne, we lay down our petitions for His supernatural intervention over the challenges of our lives. Be assured in your spirit that once you are redeemed, you are in direct contact with the Almighty God. What brought about this privilege? Redemption!



For these reasons, if you are not yet saved, I am inviting you to the cross of Calvary, where Jesus Christ paid for your redemption in full. Confess your sins and accept Him as Lord and Saviour. Promise Him that you will abide by His Word and never to go back to the world. Something extraordinary will happen to you if you sincerely do this now. If you are a believer and you are still wallowing in fear, know that this is not your inheritance in Christ. Are you in doubt concerning your redemption in Christ? Consider where you may have missed your way and retrace your steps back to Calvary; restoration of your redemptions awaits you there.

Prayer Point: Father, please don’t let the flesh, the world and the devil rob me of the benefits of my redemption in Christ. Let the whole world know that I am your child.

Open Heavens Daily Devotional written by Pastor E.A Adeboye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...