Saturday, August 1, 2015

Open Heavens Devotional for Saturday 1st August. 2015: FAVOUR FROM A DISTANCE

FAVOUR FROM A DISTANCE – Saturday August 1st 2015

Memorise: And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Isaiah 60:3


Read: Exodus: 3:1-4

MESSAGE
When your day of favour dawns, favour will locate you wherever you are. Sometime ago, we went to hold a crusade in Italy. While we were preaching, the message was being aired over the radio. Suddenly, the Lord said that there was a man listening to me via the radio who was impotent. The Lord asked me to tell the fellow that his virility was restored. Meanwhile, the man in question was lying on his bed in his house, far away from where we were. As soon as he heard the word, his manhood was restored. Favour located him at home. By the time he tried to locate us at the crusade ground, we had closed and left for the hotel where we were staying. When he got to the hotel, he burst into our room saying he was the one whose case was addressed, and that he had received his miracle. 



This season, favour will locate you right where you are. Right in your home, in your living room, on your bed, favour will visit you in Jesus’ Name.
 Favour can always locate you, even from a distance. After Moses had spent about forty years in exile in Midian, God sent favour to locate him at the backside of the desert, in the form of an angel manifested as a burning bush which was not consumed.

I also have experience God’s favour in a foreign land. The first time I travelled outside Africa, I went to Canada for the World Conference of Applied Mathematicians. I knew no one there and had no idea what kind of food I would be eating there. Meanwhile, my wife was at home praying that God should take care of me. At about the same time, someone was looking through the list of mathematicians who had come for the conference. As he checked, he saw my name, Enoch Adeboye. He mused that it could be a French name, even though he had every reason to believe it is a Nigerian name. He decided to check up on me. On his way to my hotel room, this man resolved to speak to me in Yoruba language; he said to himself that if I replied, then I must be Nigerian. He eventually got to my door and knocked. “Who is it?” I asked. “Emi ni ( I am the one)” he replied. “Wole (come in)”, I responded. Before that day was over, I was eating pounded yam right there in Canada. Favour can locate you outside the shores of your land. God can use somebody you do not know to favour you. Are you away from home right now and in need of favour? God will cause favour to locate you! Someone you do not know will favour you today in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point: Father, let Your favour locate me today from the four corners of the earth.

 Bible in a year: Nehemiah 6:15-8:12;  John 7:25-39


SOURCE: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL, VOLUME 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...