Monday, January 12, 2015

Open Heavens Devotional for Monday January 12, 2015: DIVINE INVOLVEMENT

TOPIC: DIVINE INVOLVEMENT

Memorise: And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty: - Exodus 3:21

Read: Exodus 3:7-8
7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.


MESSAGE:
Divine involvement simply suggests God’s participation in a subject matter. When the Almighty God gets involved in a person’s affairs, it will appear as if the fellow is wiser or more powerful than others. Nothing becomes impossible for such a person. Whatever the challenge he or she is facing becomes history. The moment the Almighty God got involved in the affliction of the children of Israel, things began to work out for their good. God declared His involvement in their situation in Exodus 3:8a. He said:


“And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians” 
 
The first thing God did was to raise a deliverer for them. I pray that the Almighty God will send helpers to you this season in Jesus’ Name. Moses, the helper God decided to send, was not willing because he felt he was not capable. Notwithstanding, the Lord did not only convince him to volunteer himself, He also equipped him. God said to Moses in Exodus 3:12:

“…Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.”

This is one thing that children of God should know. It’s one thing to have a willing helper, and it’s another thing for the helper to be capable of rendering help.

Several years ago, while travelling to Ilorin, I saw a young girl crying and shedding tears profusely.
My attention was drawn to her, and I asked my driver to pull up the car beside her. I asked her why she was crying so much. She told me she had lost her mother’s money and that unless she found it, her mother would punish her severely. I asked her how much the money was, and she told me it was “fifty kobo”. I handed the said amount to her and she galloped away rejoicing. When God gets involved in your situation, He wipes tears away from your eyes. I prophesy to someone using this devotional that God will get involved in your situation today, and things will turn around for your good in Jesus’ Name. However, for God to get involved in your situation, you must establish a relationship with Him. God got involved in the terrible situation of the children of Israel because of the relationship He had with their patriarchs – Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Exodus 2:24-25).

Action Point: Cry to God Almighty in the Name of Jesus to get involved in your situation today.

Bible in one year: Isaiah 36-37; Acts 7:44-8:3


SOURCE: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL, VOLUME 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...