Sunday, August 31, 2014

Open Heavens Devotional for Sunday August 31, 2014:NO FAITH, NO MIRACLE

TOPIC: NO FAITH, NO MIRACLE

Memorise: Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Ephesians 3:20

Read: Mark 10:49-52
49 And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
50 And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
51 And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.



Message
There are levels or categories of faith. In the scriptures, we see these different categories at work at one point or the other. These categories include the following: No faith (Mark 4:40), little faith (Matthew 6:30), faith as small as a mustard seed (Matthew 17:20), great faith (Matthew 15:21-28), exceeding great faith (Matthew 8:5-13) and the gift of faith from the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:9). Those who want to experience a harvest of miracles are those who are ready to put their faith to work. It is faith that brings about miracles. 


There was a time in my ministerial life when I had little faith. But God honoured my faith. A woman brought her child to me who had never spoken since the day she was born. I decided therefore to pray for the child. As I said "in Jesus' name", the child answered "Amen!" I nearly jumped out of the window because I had never seen such a thing before. God will embarrass you with miracles in Jesus' Name.

There was an experience in my life that shows that God will never fail when we put our faith in Him. Before my wife and I met the Lord, we had three children through caesarean operation. We decided to stop child-bearing since the doctor had said that my wife could not give birth naturally. We got born-again six years later and started reading the promises of God in the Bible. I read in the Bible that with God nothing shall be impossible and this stuck to my heart. I realised that what the doctor said was impossible can be made possible by the mighty power of God. My doctor friend told me that my wife would bleed to death if she tried to give birth. When the time of her delivery came, she laboured for two days consecutively but the baby did not come out. On the third day, as I was on my way to get food for my wife, the devil threatened: "Stupid man! And you said you have a Ph.D. Your wife will die today and you will see what her relatives will do to you." Suddenly, a holy anger rose up within me and I said: ''Listen devil! If my wife should die tonight, I will get permission from my father-in-the-Lord to preach on Sunday, and the first thing I will say is that there is nothing my God cannot do". As I said this, this devilish thought disappeared from my mind and the joy of God flooded my heart. As I got to the hospital, I sat inside the car and suddenly heard the cries of the baby. Human words cannot express the joy that came to my heart upon seeing my wife in good health and my baby in joy. The kind of joy that will bring tears to your eyes will happen to you in Jesus' Name.

Prayer Point: Father, please meet me at the level of my faith, and help my faith to grow.


Bible in one year: John 8:31-10:21; Job 31:16-28

SOURCE: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL, VOLUME 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...