Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Open Heavens Devotional for Tuesday 22nd July, 2014: TOTAL COMPLIANCE REQUIRED

TOPIC: TOTAL COMPLIANCE REQUIRED

Memorise: Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.  Malachi 3:10

Read: Malachi 3:8-10
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.



Message:
When we teach about tithes and first fruits, some people think that it is the pastor’s way of making money but they are making a great mistake. When you put God first, He will make sure that your blessings are irreversible. But if you decide to give Him second place in your life, you may not be happy to see what follows. Sometime ago, one young man came to me and said, “Daddy, God has answered your prayer”. I replied “Amen. What exactly happened?” He said one prominent chief called him and asked him to sell his house. The property had thirteen flats: twelve regular flats and a penthouse on top.

The chief told him how much he wanted to be paid from the proceeds of the sale, saying he did not care about how much the man would sell the property for. By the time the brother calculated the profit he would make from the transaction, he screamed in excitement. “Daddy, from this deal alone, I am settled for life”. “Really, congratulations! Did you say thirteen flats?” “Yes”, he replied. “Good. That means you will give one of the flats to the church as tithe since the tithe of thirteen is 1.3”. “But, Daddy”, he protested, “This is only the first breakthrough. Let God wait until I get more”.  


A week later, he got a buyer who was ready to pay an amount far more than the amount the owner wanted to sell the property. So the brother went back to the chief and said: “Sir, I am ready to pay now for the property. Where do I pay the money to?” “What are you talking about?”, the man asked in surprise. “Sir, I mean the house you asked me to sell for you. I have gotten a buyer; Just tell me where you want me to pay the money into” he replied. Looking surprised, the chief said, “Whatever charm you used on me has been destroyed. Who told you I want to sell my house?” That was how he lost out completely.

When we talk about tithe, some people think ten percent is too much for God. If you are one of such people, wait until you compare ninety percent of something with hundred percent of nothing. Decisions that are taken daily sometimes await your obedience or otherwise to know on which side to fall – in your favour or out of favour. Comply fully with God’s requirements in order to see the better side of life.

Key Point: Tithing is an obligation for every believer in Christ. It is not optional.

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 29:1-31:13 ; Job 9


Source: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL, VOLUME 14, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...